Whether you cut flowers from your own garden or pick up a bouquet at the local grocery store, flowers always look great inside the home. It's a shame when our arrangements start to wilt and look withered after only a couple of days. Here are some tips for making those beautiful arrangements keep their beauty a bit longer.
1. Add a little soda. This may sound crazy but the sugar in sodas (clear ones work best) will help your flowers live longer. Next time you have a glass give the last sip to your flower arrangement!
2. Aspirin. A common and well-trusted method of keeping roses and other cut flowers fresh longer is aspirin! Crush up a tablet and...
Tomorrow is the fifth of May which means it's time to celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Go ahead and invite your friends over to enjoy the holiday together. We've come up with some great tips for hosting the perfect Cinco de Mayo party right in your home.
1. Nothing says Cinco de Mayo like a delicious margarita. Fill up some pitchers in your refrigerator with margaritas so you don't have to stop and make each drink individually as guests arrive.
2. There's no need to sit down and have a formal dinner. Instead, cook up some simple Mexican appetizers for your guests like quesadillas, taquitos and chips and salsa (don't forget the guacamole!)
With warm weather finally upon us there's nothing we love more than to spend our time outside! If you have an outdoor space to use for entertaining friends or just relaxing after a long day at work, here are some great ways to get it ready for the season.
1. Pull out those outdoor cushions from their winter hiding place and give them a quick rinse with the hose. Let them dry in the sun and tie them back on their outdoor chairs and couches.
2. Have an outdoor umbrella? Make sure it still functions properly if it wasn't stored indoors. The winter we had certainly was damaging! Give the umbrella a quick rinse and set it up now.